Friday 5 September 2014

Drawing With Kids #2

Today I am following on from Mondays session where I was working at a primary school in Melbourne. Yesterday I spent the day working with children in Grades 5 and 6. I decided to make the exercise more challenging for the older children. They had to draw a template of a big cat onto pre painted card and then cut out a muzzle from card to attach to it. This gave the tiger or leopard a bit of a 3D effect. After this the children continued with the drawing exercise where they learnt about proportions and the correct positioning. Once they had done all of the black areas in permanent marker they used some touches of white to bring it to life.
The children were all really proud of their finished art works. I really love all the different personalities of each of them. They are gorgeous.

Leopards Grades 5 and 6. September 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment